Tuesday, December 31, 2013

New Year's Wishes

I'm not a big fan of New Year's resolutions - resolutions to do better should be an all year activity in my opinion - but let's pretend for a second... 

I came across a poem many years ago - it was a prayer actually - and I love its message and I find it befitting for a New Year's message. I went looking for it on-line to make sure I had the wording right and had to laugh; I found it on a German teen-girl site. I now remember learning the poem the summer I was 16 and working in a senior home run by Deacons. So, here goes:

"May you have the courage to accept what you cannot change, the strength to change what needs changing, and the wisdom to know one from the other." 

All I can add to that is: "Cheers for a sensational 2014 with all the right changes!"

No comments:

Post a Comment